Sunday, August 3, 2014

Two Pocket Card with keepsake tag


Here is a pocket card I made. It is a simple card with a lot of possibilities. This card is for my daughter in her favorite color combo right now.  It is a simple side fold. Some dimensional elements added. I made these flowers for another project but did not use all of them and since she loved them I saved them for her birthday card. 



The inside has two pockets. I first matted the inside with a light yellow. My pockets are slightly less than half of the page. Being I was placing thin items into them I merely glued the sides and bottom flat. If you were going to include something a little thicker, you would want to fold the edges under to have a pocket that is raised. Now don't forget if you make a thick pocket, to make a double crease on the card to accommodate the thick pocket allowing the card to lay closed. 

 

Here is a closer look at the left side pocket. In this pocket, I placed a long tag with two smaller tags attached towards the top. Each of the smaller tags had personal messages wrote on the reverse side.

 


 

The right side pocket contained a large keepsake tag. The front of the tag is decorated without sentiment. The reverse side has a personal greeting on it. Overall this was an easy card to make. Once you decide upon your inspiration and what the pockets will contain the rest just falls into place. The white scroll work are die cuts via the Circuit Expressions. TO define the white paper and give it some umph, I gave several coat with Tulip Glitter Dimensional Fabric Paint in Diamond. The key to using this on paper to add glitter effect is to do several very thin layers. This paint dries clear adding a satin shine and of course it has iridescent sparkles.
What I learned making this card - planning out the design. If you don't where you are going with your design it will reflect that. I like the Tulip Diamond when dried. It is not an overbearing glitter or a child or Christmas glitter. I used the pockets for keepsake and personal wishes. The could contain money or gift cards, tickets or even a heavy card stock cut to fit with two slits from which you hang a necklace. 






No comments:

Post a Comment